Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Are You There God?

Sometimes - life throws you a curve ball.
Sometimes you are prepared to catch it and sometimes it seems to come out of the blue . . .
Recently, I was thrown a really big curve ball
With a really BIG ball
And not only was I not prepared - but it hit me smack between the eyes and I am reeling.
My life is about to undergo a major change.
I don't believe in airing dirty laundry on my blog
But, with that said -
I also know that this particular event will effect how often I get here
what my life will look like on a daily basis
and every little detail imaginable.
I woke up early yesterday unable to sleep
and decided I might as well not waste the morning.
I went out for a walk . . .
my four-legged companion and I set out on a walk through the quiet neighborhood.
The sun was coming up amidst big clouds,
birds were singing,
and I was spending some time deep in thought, meditation and prayer.
What would all of this mean for mean?
Will I emerge ok?
Will I heal?
Will I thrive?
Will I fail?
WHY?
I paused and looked through this patch of trees that live blocks away from me.
I thought I would snap a picture hoping to capture the morning light.
And as if in answer to my prayers, this image appeared on my camera.
A beautiful flower in the sunlight.
It was as if God was reminding me that he was there and he was coloring the world for me.
I am going to be all right.
Thanks God! I needed that . . .

3 comments:

Kirby said...

I love you Mama, and just wanted to leave this quote from the one and only Christopher Robin to his favorite silly, willy nilly old bear: "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Always here for you, ALWAYS.

Giggles said...

Dearest Laurie...my heart is with you! Your daughter is so right you are stronger than you can even imagine!! I can attest to that! My stomach dropped reading between the lines knowing it must be something so life altering and devastating.You'll be in my prayers. That flower in the light is so beautiful... for now focus on coming out of the dark forest towards the light!!

Sending you love and light
Hugs Giggles

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Love, light, blessings, hugs, and prayers to you, dear Laurie. I am reminded by your post of several such unexpected and life altering curve balls that I've had in my own life. KNOW this, Laurie - "This too shall pass". Live in the NOW. Breathe. Pray. Smile. It's going to be OK. Big hugs to you. ♥