Tuesday, June 5, 2012

All in a days work!! I love my paint Job!!


First of all . . .
Thank you!
I received some wonderful comments about my last post both here and on FB.
I truly was speaking from my heart and obviously it was remembering to stay true to ourselves is
something that we all struggle with from time to time.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and encouragement and journeys.
I know that on a regular basis I feel a great connection to other artists as I jump around and visit different blogs.
What a gift this blogland is!

The last few weeks have been all about finishing up some custom orders.
The first were two saddle stools.
A customer called - she had found 2 black saddle stools on clearance.
Having only paid about $10 each, she decided she wanted them customized.
Could I help with that?
SURE!




Then I was contacked by a lady in Conneticut.
She was searching the internet for a unique wedding gift.
She found my blog and saw the lazy susans.
A version with sunflowers was created for her and shipped out.

I am constantly humbled and grateful when someone asks me to create a piece for them.
Especially when it is to be a gift.
To think that my work is what they are choosing to give someone special as a gift.
It kind of makes me go all gooey inside.

To all of my customers - and to all of you who visit this blog -
Thank You!!!

It really helps make this journey special.

2 comments:

Giggles said...

I love these little benches...they are so inspiring!! The owners are very lucky to have such vibrant reminders milling around the house!!I especially love number two!!

Hugs Giggles

An'Angelia Thompson said...

Laurie, I'm so inspired by your work. I have a slatted, outdoor bench that I need to paint this year and I'm going to take my cue from your work. I'll be sure to direct you to pics of the finished piece. I'm going to go with a full-throttled, colorful, fun approach and use as many colors as my muse wants :o)