Monday, November 17, 2008

A Work in Progress

Pam is a coworker. She is a kind and compassionate woman. One of those people that you feel blessed to have met. A few months ago, she returned home from work to discover that her apartment had gone up in flames. She lost everything but the clothes on her back and her beloved cat.
In the process of rebuilding her home, she asked for a chair to brighten up the kitchen area of her new apartment. Her request was simple - lots of bright colors and lots of flowers. The chair is near completion. There are many details yet to be added, but you can see the main idea here.
Be sure and check back in the next few days and you can see the finished product. Thanks for your patience, Pam . . .it's almost ready.
And as mentioned before, I am currently ramping up for my Christmas sales. Here are a few new items:

This is one of several designs created with pen and colored pencil. Each one is sold in a double mat, ready for framing. You'll have to come and visit me to see the other designs.

Here is an example of my hand mirrors. Perfect for daughters, your hair dresser, a friend . . .everybody needs a hand held mirror. This is one of several designs.

So here is the deal - my big sale is in Seattle. If you are in the Seattle area, be sure and visit me on December 6 & 7 at the Phinney Winter Fest. Otherwise, if Portland is a little more doable for you - I will be showing a variety of "giftables" at the Scrooge Lives Holiday Festival on December 3rd and 4th at Mt. Hood Community College in Gresham. The hours are from 10:00-6:00 on both days. Other than that, I will be doing a private sale - I will post the date when I have more details. Make this year something special and think about a special hand made gift for those people who are close to you. Contact me if you need a special order.

I want to thank those of you who commented on how they are going to try to cope with the chaos of the holidays. It seems like alot of you are looking at doing more service. In fact, I am going to a holiday party the first week of December. We are going to do the traditional "white elephant" gift exchange. But this year, we are putting a new spin on it. Instead of cleaning out junk to pass on to someone else, each person will wrap up a description of a service they are willing to do for someone else. An hour or two of housework, a batch of cookies, an offer to teach something you are really go at, etc. I thought the idea was brilliant. What a great way to share the holiday spirit. Keep those ideas and suggestions coming. Maybe you will share something that no one else has thought of.

No comments: