Thursday, April 5, 2012

Your dream is calling . . .

New painting - 16 x 20 canvas. The dark shadow in the corner is due to photographer error - not very good lighting I was using.  :)
A Work in Progress . . .
Here is the start of a new piece I am working on.

Every once in a while I need to work on a painting.
A painting not associated with an order or a sale or anything else.
Just a painting for creativity's sake.
This is one I began working on recently.
This was started on a day when I should have been working on one of several orders.
But I needed a break to do something mindless that didn't have a required "end result."
I got lost in the process of smearing on the background colors, splashing and flicking the paints around,
sketching in the face and wondering what message she had to share with me.
Time and responsibilities drifted away as I was lost in the process.

It not finished yet -
I still don't know how I am going to mount it or frame it.
But it sure felt good while I was in the moment.

1 comment:

Giggles said...

So pretty, lots of depth and vibrancy! I love it when I get so enmeshed time flies...it's kind of an out of body experience. I can't imagine what more it needs, but I guess we'll see!!

Hugs Giggles