Friday, April 6, 2012

Decorate your post in your home, like Bill



Bill met us at one of our summer sales last year.
We had a great time talking with him.
He bought a piece or two.
Then I helped him out with a holiday gift for some friends of his.
Then he called with a special request for his home.
A post that divides two rooms -
you see them in houses sometimes.
They just seem to be right in the middle of things - but since they are kind of important to keeping the roof up, you have to leave them there.
Bill decided -if it has to be there, it might as well be decorated.
So with the help of Mr. Man -
I painted a 4 1/2" x 8 ft board.
Vines and flowers, with a few adds-ons representing his dogs.
Long and narrow.
A burst of color.
Now I am looking around my house for a lang and narrow space that needs a little life.
Thanks Bill!

2 comments:

Giggles said...

Wonderful Job! See if you can get a photo of them installed...love to see how it turns out!!

Great idea too!

I have a pillar, Violette suggested polka-dots for it!! My family pooh pooed it!! lol

Hugs Giggles

An'Angelia Thompson said...

This is great, Laurie! What a wonderful idea.