Thursday, September 4, 2008

A new Journey

The other night I spent the evening trying to apply for a Holiday Show in Seattle, Wa. It is a juried show, with a lengthy application process. There format is different than any other show I have applied to. They want to 8 ½” X 11” sheets with photos, descriptions, price ranges, and a brief bio. That was in addition to the traditional application. I worked on it for an hour, getting the photos just right and creating some creative quibbles about myself and my work. When it was all done, I decided to email to myself at my 8-5 job so I could print it off and mail it out the next day.
My computer at home is old and very tired. Even with a cable connection it is painfully slow sometimes. Two hours later, I was still trying to email off my pages. I had removed a few photos, shrunk them down – I event split the document into 2 separate emails. It finally worked after 2 ½ hours.
Fast forward to the next night. I am taking my daughter out to look for school supplies. I stop by my local Best Buy to get something for my IPod and walk out with a brand new laptop. The first one I have ever owned. Now I can really blog in style!
This blogging thing is a frightening new adventure for me. I love to read other people’s blogs. I have gained a world of inspiration from reading about other artist’s journeys. And I have always been a journaler. I love words and I love to combine them with my art. Blogging should be a natural progression for me. But considering how long it took me to join the Laptop revolution, you can understand my fear of actually doing my own blog.
This blog will be used to track my progression with my art – to create a witness , if you will. I hope to use it to track the progress on various projects and custom orders, as well as to let you know about my successes and my failures. I hope to use it to keep connected with friends – both old and new. Here is to a new journey and adventure!

No comments: