Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Few New Pieces

You know how we always talk about how crazy the Holiday season is?
Well - as a mom of four, I beg to argue that late May/June are just as crazy, if not more so!

This week alone we have had 2 major family events, choir concerts, piano recitals and more.
But I wouldn't trade it for anything -

My beautiful "baby girl" singing with her choir
I love the music events.
I love seeing the progress my kids have made in their endeavors.
I love being together as a family.
It is near perfection.
I mean - isn't family what it is all about?
Sharing pancakes and laughs after the choir concert.
And in between, when I have a little time - I have worked in the studio.
The drawback to all of this is - I have a lot of work to complete - and not much time to do it.
So there has been some multi-tasking happening.
And sometimes that is ok . . .

And sometimes, it is not . . .

I am really happy with the way this 12 x 12 canvas turned out. I love the colors and the textures.
I love the bird - different from my normal simple birds.
She seems to have a bit more of an attitude -
but after my husband shot the photo of the piece, I realized that Yes . . .it is true -
I left out an entire word.
REALLY???
Hmmmm . . .
You would think I would have learned my lesson by now.
Do not . . .repeat DO NOT attempt to talk, watch movies or otherwise engage in attention splitting activities while writing words or phrases.

Oh well - I can repair the silliness.
Maybe someday I will learn my lesson.
Then again . . .maybe not. 

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Love the fam pics, but I do love that bird! She is Carmen Miranda fabulous!! And I totally agree with her statement. Aren't you blessed to have so much music surrounding you? I think so! Love to all