Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Proud Moments

I have been working for about a month on a large project - in fact, this is one of the largest custom pieces I have ever done. And it has been fun!! This is a second sneak peak of this little project - I am about 75% done with it now and will soon be posting pictures of the completed piece soon -



I have been working on this in "pieces" and can't wait to have it reassembled and see the final product.

I am also excited because we became the proud parents of a new printer last night. After completing my on-line course with Kelly Rae (which was a fabulous course by the way - and it is available to purchase as a pdf and is full of lots of great information) she graciously shared the printer that she has used as part of her business. I also talked with some other artist friends and asked what they used. After my research - I found the printer, ordered it and after a week of anticipation. . .our new baby showed up. Hubby is working to get it set up and ready to go. Once we have trained ourselves on how to use it - we will be producing some awesome prints. I can hardly wait!!!

More good news - it looks like we will be hanging some bright art work in a new natural food market in Gresham called Lillian's Natural Marketplace. If you live in the Gresham area - be sure and stop in. Gresham has been needing something like this for awhile now - and after meeting Lillian with her outgoing personality - she is obviously the perfect person for the job. I can't wait to get to know her a little better!

And one more "proud parent" moment . . .when I got home yesterday, I took a walk around the yard. I checked into our Rhode Island Roost where our sweet chickens live and found 4 eggs!!! This is a first - they have been blessing us with one a day - maybe even 2 - but today we had 4! I am so proud of those girls. I came in and told my daughter the good news and she commented, "Well that makes sense - they were making alot of noise today!" And I just thought - "can you blame em?"



1 comment:

helen said...

Love your new work - so bright and cheery!