Sunday, October 4, 2009

Let Me Check My Calendar

The other day I was surfing through some of my favorite blogs and I saw a post about "customizing" a basic calendar/planner. I was so intrigued that I obsessed over it for awhile. So earlier this week, when I was in the office supply store buying a planner for my daughter, I ended up with a planner of my own. Let's face it . . .the covers on them are so. . . bland. So this is what I created.
This is the book opened up to show both the front and back covers.


Here is the view of the back only. . .
And this is a view of the front. . .
I have tried the electronic calendars and planners. I'm fascinated by the iPhone and love my iPod and can't imagine life without it. But when it comes to my planners, I like to touch it, I like to use a pen. I think this will do the trick.
The cover of the planner was created on a basic file folder. First I collaged a variety of textured papers; then I painted on the images. A few stamped images were added. It has a wonderful feel to it.
Once I folded the cover and trimmed the edges, I covered everything with clear contact paper and packing tape. This should protect it from being packed around in my purse, my back pack or where ever . . .
And one of the first entries in my new planner is my next two sales. This coming weekend, on October 10th and 11th, my partner in business and in life and I will be traveling over the moutain to Sisters, Oregon. Sisters will be hosting their yearly Harvest Faire. It is a fantastic event with about 150 artist vendors, music, food, kids activities, etc. The whole town participates. If you are in the area, be sure and stop by.
For those of you in the Portland area, I will be setting up in Springdale on the weekend of October 25th . . .more details to follow!



No comments: